- The program is offered completely online.
- Completing the first two courses can lead to a Mississippi Educator License through the Mississippi Department of Education (this initial license is a 3-year provisional Mississippi Educator License which certifies you to teach grades 7-12 in the state of Mississippi).
- After completing the program, your license converts to a 5-year AA Mississippi Educator license, which entitles you to a pay raise.
- Program support during the two-year program.
- Begin a worthwhile and fulfilling career helping students.
Tuition rates are controlled at the university level, and these numbers are based on the current rates. These numbers are subject to change and should be considered a rough estimate. Please contact the graduate school for specific and up to date tuition and fees costs.
Estimated cost (tuition, online program fees, and capital improvement fees) for initial course work (necessary for licensure):
Capital Improvement fee: $33.34
Online Fee: $450.00
Tuition Fee: $2,790.00
Estimated total tuition cost for the entire program (36 credit hours):
Capital Improvement fees: $200.04
Online fees: $2,700
Tuition Fees: $16,740
Disclaimer: The MAT program at the University of Mississippi meets the educational requirements for licensure in the state of Mississippi. The program has not determined if the program curriculum meets the educational requirements for state licensure or certification in the states, territories, or entities outside of Mississippi. Reciprocity of a Mississippi teaching license is determined by individual states and entities.