Applicants must have:
- An undergraduate degree with significant coursework in the subject you wish to teach.
- 3.0 GPA overall or on last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- 21 ACT composite score, or 990 SAT composite score, or passing scores on the Praxis Core test (Reading: 156, Writing: 162, Math 150).
- Passing score on the Praxis II test in the subject area you wish to teach (Priority for admission given to those who pass by the April 1 deadline).
- Writing sample that responds to the following prompt:
- What do you view as the greatest need in education and what characteristics do you possess that would allow you to address this need?
- What would you like to have accomplished after five years in the teaching profession?
- Pass Transcript Analysis
- The Transcript Analysis requirements will be based on Specialized Professional Association (SPA) recommendations for required content area preparation. If an applicant does not pass the transcript analysis, the applicant can still be conditionally admitted and a plan for remediation will be developed with the program coordinator.