Participants in the MAT program are required to complete the following courses:
- EDCI 613: Lesson Planning & Assessing Student Learning (Syllabus)
- EDCI 615: Classroom Facilitation & Management (Syllabus)
* After completing these two courses, you will be recommended for a 3-year provisional Mississippi Educator License.
Coursework to Complete the Program
- EDCI 600: Advanced Methods (Syllabus)
- EDCI 612: Diversity of the Adolescent Learner (Syllabus)
- EDSP 601: Exceptional Students in the Secondary Classroom (Syllabus)
- EDCI 617: Effective Technology Integration in the Secondary Classroom (Syllabus)
- EDRS 605: Introduction to Educational Research (Syllabus)
- EDLT 605 Content Area Literacy (Syllabus)
- EDCI 614 Teachers as Leaders (Syllabus)
- EDSE 610 National & State Issues in Education (Syllabus)
- EDSE 627: Reflections on Teaching & Field Experience (six credits) (Syllabus)
Total Program Hours: 36
The School of Education at the University of Mississippi is fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).