Participants in the MAT program are required to complete the following courses:
- EDCI 613: Lesson Planning & Assessing Student Learning
- EDCI 615: Classroom Facilitation & Management
* After taking these courses and meeting the Praxis Core and Praxis II requirements, you will be recommended for a 3-year provisional teaching license.
Coursework to Complete the Program
- EDCI 600: Advanced Methods
- EDCI 612: Diversity of the Adolescent Learner
- EDSP 601: Exceptional Students in the Secondary Classroom
- EDCI 617: Effective Technology Integration in the Secondary Classroom
- EDRS 605: Introduction to Educational Research
- EDLT 605 Content Area Literacy
- EDCI 614 Teachers as Leaders
- EDSE 610 National & State Issues in Education
- EDSE 627: Reflections on Teaching & Field Experience (six credits)
Total Program Hours: 36
The School of Education at the University of Mississippi is fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).